Start a new topic

Ungraded English A

Good evening, where can we get information regarding an "ungraded" subject for cxc? My son attends Vishnu Boys Hindu College and he along with 89 other students were ungraded for English A. The school's principal did his part and my husband and I are doing ours. This matter is quite appalling and we are a bit frustrated. Our son is interested in pursuing CAPE and we are hoping this matter will be addressed and resolved soon.
1 Comment

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting us. 

The Caribbean Examinations Council® (CXC®) provides valid and reliable examinations and certificates of international repute for students of all ages, abilities and interests. However, we understand that at times, candidates may have questions about the grades they received. 

“Ungraded” indicates that an SBA, SBA grade, multiple-choice paper or supporting documents was not submitted on behalf of a candidate. Candidates may submit a Query to have this result investigated. Candidates are not required to pay for this service. Queries may be submitted through schools for in-school candidates or through the Ministry of Education for private candidates.

If you have questions about the grade you received and would like to have a script reviewed, you may submit a request for a “Script Review”.  Please note that a script review may result in an overall Grade either increasing or remaining the same.  If your review results in an increase in your overall grade, you will be refunded the review fee. Reviews may be submitted through schools for in-school candidates or through the Ministry of Education for private candidates. The cost per review is USD$30.00.

Candidates should note that the deadline for the submission of Queries and Review requests is Friday 20 September 2024.

Best regards,

CXC Support Team

Login or Signup to post a comment